Monday, June 14, 2010

Cooking in the Castle

I've cooked in many places under a variety of crimcustatnces but never a castle. Now I can add that to my list! The Hankins and the "other" Soderstrom's are helping with some food prep and the clean up. I am so grateful for this assistance. If there were smoke detectors in the Overtoun House, I'm quite sure they would have gone off yesterday when I fried hamburgers. ;-)


Melissa, Nancy, and I went to the grocery store this morning. I could have spent 4 hours walking up and down each aisle looking at the vartiey of products. We got groceries for the next 3 days...which means I'll get to go back to ASDA (the grocery store) and soak up more of the Scotish culture. yeah.


The kitchen is large and stocked with plenty of items. Learning to use an old gas stove has been fun and now that I know how the vent system works everyone will be happy, or at least I think so. The Tea Room (another ministry @ the Overtoun House) will be open on Friday. Using the kitchen for lunch and dinner will be challenging and fun, at least for me. Needless to say I'm VERY excited to see how that operation runs.


Breakfasts are prepared for just our team of 10. Lunch and dinners included our team and up to 10 more. This includes the resident missionary families and visiting missionaries. It has been very interesting talking with these new friends.


The rest of the team has left for the school to conduct the baseball program. I am staying back at the Overtoun House to unpack all the groceries and start meal prep for this evening and tomorrow. Tonights dinner: White Chicken Chili!


Chef Avis signing off for now....



No comments:

Post a Comment